Where is the focus area of The Downtown Lewiston Association?
We have identified the area inside the following boundaries: Main Street to Adams Avenue, Bates Street to the Androscoggin River as the Downtown Lewiston Commercial Area. This is the primary focus of The Downtown Lewiston Association. (See the map.)
Some goals we have identified
- Establish the area as a TIF district creating income to be reinvested into the Downtown.
- City grant/loan programs to encourage new and existing businesses to locate downtown.
- Zoning that is strategic to help revitalize empty storefronts to appropriate uses.
- Creation of Downtown Ambassadors
- Collaborate with other organizations to have Downtown events that attract people. Art Walk. Music in Dufresne. Historical Walking Tours. Plein Aire Painting. Bike Races. etc.
- Membership Downtown After Hours Socials
Marketing & Improvements
- Welcome packet for Bates College student orientation & for parents weekends
- Relocate Holiday Tree and lighting event to Dufresne Plaza
- Enhance Holiday street décor (current projects)
- Create Downtown Lewiston rack card for tourism information centers
- Streetlight Banners (current projects)
- Banners across Lisbon Street
- Welcome signage at southern entrance ✔
- Create a “Come Downtown” marketing video for social media and web ✔
- Visible, easy to read way finding signage to the downtown and to parking garages
- Streetscape and storefront beautification program
Download our 2018 welcome packet for more information! WELCOME-Downtown-Lewiston-Association.pdf