Information on this page was obtained from the City of Lewiston’s website: http://www.lewistonmaine.gov/98/Local-Transit-Parking
Parking Garage Locations
- Canal Street Garage – 62 Canal Street
- Chestnut Street Garage – 29 Chestnut Street
- Lincoln Street Garage – 16 Lincoln Street
- Oak Street Garage – 1 Oak Street
- Southern Gateway Garage – 425 Lisbon Street
- View locations in a map
Public Garage & Lot Fees
- Under one hour: Free
- Hourly rate: $1 per hour (daily maximum of $6)
- Parking is free in Lewiston parking garages weekday evenings from 6:00 pm to 6:00 am and weekends from 6:00 pm Friday to 6:00 am Monday.
- Garage and Lot exit gates accept cash, debit, and credit cards
- Standard monthly rate: $55
- Resident living in downtown area monthly rate: $42
Lewiston’s Municipal Parking Program is administered by its Accounting Division. Personnel in the Accounting Division can be reached at (207) 513-3123. The office is located on the second floor of Lewiston City Hall, 27 Pine Street, and hours of operation are 8:30 am – 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday. Residents must visit the Accounting Division office to secure a monthly parking pass
On Street Parking
Downtown streets have metered and timed parking spaces. Metered spaces are $0.50 per hour and vary between one hour, two hour, and four hour parking.
During snow events, information about parking bans can be found on the City’s website, Facebook page, twitter, radio or through text and email alerts when you sign up with “Notify Me” on their website (www.lewistonmaine.gov/list.aspx). Some on street parking is seasonal only and marked with seasonal signs restricting parking from December 1st through March 30th.
During parking bans, use of the parking garages is encouraged. Parking is free between 6pm and 6am. The garage is also free on weekends starting 6pm Friday through 6am Monday.
More information about winter parking can be found on the city’s website: www.lewistonmaine.gov/541/Winter-Snow-and-Parking